Monday, June 11, 2007

Heavy usage of Plastic bag.

I've been doing more and more shopping with ma ma now a days... Supermarket is one of the most common place that I will visit...

Before I went to Ubin with Pei Shi couple of Saturday ago. I was hanging around in the super market..... while waiting to settle the payment... as usual, we Q up and I look around... and realised that Singaporean really use up alot of plastic bags..

Guys... we are killing our mother earth... our one and only mother earth... look at the amount of rubbish we produced? Those advertisment... papers used... trees being cut down... Sometimes i really feel very guilty when I stay in a City like Hong Kong and Singapore...

High traffice flow and heavy polution... sigh... aren't we killing our lovely earth? Come to plastic bag... one of the most headache problems... they do not just decomposed... they stayed in the soil for a few generations. Those plastic bags seems like can easily flooded over Singapore...

This problem just recall one of the TV ad I saw in Hong Kong many years ago... the concept is to stop us from taking plastic bags un necessarily... The show made in such a way that, many people were at the bottom of a well... and keep asking for plastic bag... "Give me one more please... ba ba ba" In the end all the plastic bags covered up all the people inside the hole/well.

Nice TV ad right? seems like a little scary as well....

I took some pictures of people misusing plastic bags... mis used? in what way? Let me explain with the pictures..


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

For this Auntie, she actually bring her own kart for shopping... we should encourage this... as this can save up man plastic bags... however this auntie despite she got a very nice red colour little kart.. she still ask for MORE plastic bags.... In her case... I doubt she need extra plastic ba???


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!


Another close up... sigh...


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!


Sometimes I really love the way Taiwan handling this problem... We charge every single plastic bags being given. Which can create awareness in the necessarity of using plastic bags. Somehow when they are given as FREE... we tend not to look at the need... we just take... FREE what....

Therefore, I really hope that we can charge the plastic bags being used...

At least people wont take for more or even they really take them home... they do not disposed them like a worhtless junk....

No comments: